Whistler South is home to the first village site and marks the gateway to Canada’s only Resort Municipality.
Creekside is the hub of this area, with the Creekside Gondola, restaurants, shops and Whistler’s only gas station. Here you will find a unique mix of original rustic cabins set right next to luxurious and modern townhomes, condos, employee housing, timeshares and single-family dwellings.
Whistler Creek also features three exclusive locales. Kadenwood is Canada’s first and only resort neighbourhood with its own dedicated gondola service, while Bear Creek has incomparable access to Whistler Mountain as well as simply stunning views from across the valley. The Nita Lake Lodge, also located in Whistler Creek, is Whistler’s first and only five-star waterfront hotel.
In the southern most point of Whistler is Function Junction and Cheakamus Crossing. Function Junction is the industrial park and business hub of Whistler while Cheakamus Crossing has seen extensive development in recent years, boasting a large number of new homes.
Just north of Function Junction, you will find Spring Creek, a newer subdivision that includes a mix of townhomes, employee housing and single family residences. This is also the location of Whistler’s Spring Creek Elementary School, making it a popular neighbourhood for growing families.
Millar’s Pond and Bayshores are also family-friendly neighbourhoods that are located just a short distance to Creekside. These subdivisions feature townhomes, duplexes and single-family homes that are far from the hustle and bustle of the Village, yet conveniently close to Creekside’s shops, restaurants and gondola.
The northernmost neighbourhood in Whistler South is Nordic. It features the luxurious community of Taluswood as well as exquisitely designed townhomes, duplexes and single family residences constructed on the south side of Whistler Mountain and overlooking the Valley.
- The Creekside Gondola – Providing access to skiing, boarding, biking, hiking and sightseeing on Whistler Mountain
- Alpha Lake Park featuring a playground, tennis courts, picnic tables and barbecues
- Nita Lake, a quiet and serene area featuring the exquisite Nita Lake Lodge
- Bungee Jumping, located just south of Function Junction
- The resort’s only gas station
- A liquor store
- A grocery store
- The resort’s train station
- The Spring Creek Community School
- Whistler’s industrial park/neighborhood, Function Junction
- A wide range of dining options including Dusty’s Bar & BBQ, the historic Southside Diner and the exquisite Rimrock Café