Terms & Conditions
The Whistler Real Estate Co. Ltd. provides a variety of products and services to the public, including, but not limited to, real estate brokerage services, real estate agency services, advising with respect to real estate purchase and sale, home leasing, property management, real estate brokerage franchising services, and other real estate advisory services. In the course of providing these products and services, The Whistler Real Estate Co. Ltd. may collect certain personal information about its clients with their consent.
The Whistler Real Estate Co. Ltd. is a privately owned business. We recognize and comply with the requirements of The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). In addition, we recognize and abide by the principles set out in the Canadian Real Estate Association Privacy Code. We do not market, rent or sell our contact lists to any outside parties.
The Whistler Real Estate Co. Ltd:
- Is accountable for all Personal Information in its possession or custody, including Personal Information disclosed to third parties for purposes of providing services requested by you.
- Will inform you of the purposes for which it is collecting any Personal Information, before or at the time the information is collected.
- Will obtain your consent before or when it collects, uses, or discloses your Personal Information. Consent can be express, implied, or given through an authorized representative. You may withdraw your consent at any time (subject to any legal consequences of which you will be informed).
- Will ensure that information collected is limited to those details necessary for the purposes it has identified to you or to perform the services you have requested. Information will be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Will ensure that Personal Information will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected unless you have otherwise consented. Personal Information may only be retained for the amount of time needed to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
- Will keep Personal Information as accurate, complete, and current as necessary to fulfill the identified purposes for which it was collected. You may have this information amended where it is found to be inaccurate or incomplete.
Will ensure that Personal Information is safeguarded using measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Will ensure that you are informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information, and will be given access to it if requested.
Any use of personal information for a new purpose will require the express consent of the person involved and the user of the system, except to the extent that a request is made by a law enforcement officer, lawyer, private investigator, or other agent or subpoena issued by the courts of BC or Canada.
All complaints from an individual or user relative to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information should be directed to the privacy officer who will attempt to resolve the complaint to the individuals’ satisfaction.